Because of the nature of the app, it is necessary to grant the app a large host of permissions to ensure the functionality of the app when an emergency occurs.
The permissions required help the app to have access to things such as your phone’s camera and gps location in order to track the phone or to use the camera to try and identify a location. These various elements are all used for your safety and security in the event of an emergency.
Our authorisation protocol is rigorous, with 6 steps required before access is granted for a ﬁxed time period only. The steps must be repeated for full access to be granted. Your data will at no point be released to your emergency contacts or the general public – it remains completely conﬁdential.
- Download the MDDR (CoDriver) app from the Google Play Store. Once automatic installation is complete, select open
- Follow the prompts and allow all requested permissions
- Enter the username and password that you created during the MyVault setup process, and select Login
Note: If you have not yet created a MyVault account, select Register and follow the prompts.
- Select ‘Start Setup Wizard’ on the home screen and follow the prompts to complete the setup.
After setup has been completed, you can preview CoDriver by selecting the CoDriver menu button on the far righthand side.
- During the setup wizard you will be prompted to activate CoDriver. Select ‘Activate’ and then select continue to app.
Note: CoDriver will automatically activate once you drive faster than 20km per hour.
*Note: MDDR (CoDriver) is not available on Apple App Store